Drilling Contractors Safety Award Program
As a leading drilling industry advocate for safe mineral exploration, geotechnical and environmental drilling operations, the National Drilling Association has instituted a Safety Award Program to recognize its drilling contractor members' outstanding safety performance. The program allows drilling contractors of similar size to complete for an award based on their incident rates. Safety Award recipients will be honored, each year, at the NDA Annual Convention.
To be eligible to participate in the National Drilling Association Safety Award Program, a company must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Drilling contractor companies must be a "Regular Member" Contractor of the NDA both at the time of application and at the time that award recipients are determined.
- Drilling contractor companies must have had field exposure from their own employees (not subs) during the qualifying period. For the purposes of the NDA Safety Award Program, applicants combine injury/accident data for field, shop, and office employees.
- Drilling Contractor companies must not have had a fatality of any of their own employees during the qualifying period.
Based upon their hours of exposure, drilling contractor companies will enter the National Drilling Association Safety Award Program in one of three categories:
- 10,000 to 250,000 annual exposure hours
- 250,001 to 500,00 annual exposure hours
- more than 500,000 annual exposure hours
All award categories for the National Drilling Associations Safety Awards are based on the company's calendar year Incident Rate.
Companies in any category that have an incident rate below the average total case rate of injuries and illnesses of all companies that have entered the NDA competition will be named the Safety Award winners.
Each eligible company applying for the NDA Safety Award must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a completed National Drilling Association Safety Award Application (with signature).
- Companies with 10 or more employees must submit a copy of their OSHA 300A Summary of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses report for the previous calendar year. (Note: This information will remain completely confidential and will be used only to calculate the company's loss ratio).
- Submit all original application documents to the NDA by June 30th of the year.
NDA Member Safety Award 2017 Winners:
• Gregory Drilling
• Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates, Inc.
• Parratt-Wolff, Inc
• Pearson Drilling Company
• Resilient Drilling Services, LLC
• Major Drilling America
Category: More than 500,000
• Cascade Environmental